Adult Programming Assistant: Library Community Relations
Hoboken Public Library – Hoboken, NJ 07030
The Hoboken Public Library believes in strengthening communities through the power of dynamic programming.
Location: Hoboken Public Library, 500 Park Avenue, Hoboken, NJ and remote locations elsewhere in Hoboken, NJ
The Adult Programming Assistant is a part-time position primarily responsible to support the Program Coordinator in planning, marketing, conducting, and facilitating library programs and overseeing library spaces for adults and families at the Hoboken Housing Authority Buildings and other remote locations.
The Adult Programming Assistant reports to the Programming Coordinator /Emerging Technology Librarian.
- Overseeing Library Spaces at Hoboken Housing Authority Buildings
- Work together with Program Coordinator and other staff to create and implement a regular schedule of adult and family programs and special events that respond to customer and community demand
- Assist with research for potential program presenters and performers
- Assist set up and take down of program space and ensure that the presenter arrives and leaves on time
- Employ various strategies and methods to market programs to a broad audience
- Create marketing materials and prepare in-house publicity
- Assess programs by keeping a record of attendance
- Maintain program and room booking calendar
- Speak to community groups as requested
- Engage community partners, customers and staff in the promotion of library programs
- Maintain currency of knowledge of library and programming trends
- Additional duties as required
- Extremely reliable and punctual
- Work independently often outside the library building
- Ability to bend, climb stairs, carry, stand, move light furniture
- Ability to walk all over Hoboken, NJ pushing light cart
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows
- Possess knowledge or be willing to learn databases, Internet, social media and Google Drive
- Ability to learn to use state of the art audio/visual/lighting equipment
- Exhibit flexibility and a willingness to work in a dynamic, busy, and changing environment
- Work a flexible part-time schedule that includes day, night and weekend hours
- Learn and adapt to new and changing technologies
- Public speaking skills a plus
- Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Knowledge of local community, civil and business groups a plus
- Spanish Language skills a plus
Pay Rate is $15.82 per hour. Preference will be given to Hoboken residents and the selected candidate must currently reside in New Jersey. Schedule includes evening and weekend hours. Please e-mail your resume and names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. E.S.T. on Monday, February 4, 2019.