Title: Adult Programming Assistant: Library Community Relations
Application Deadline Extended to April 2
The Hoboken Public Library believes in strengthening communities through the power of dynamic programming.
Locations: Hoboken Public Library, 500 Park Avenue, 124 Grand Street and 400 Harrison Street in Hoboken, NJ
The Adult Programming Assistant is a part-time position (25 hours per week) primarily responsible to support the Program Coordinator in planning, marketing, conducting, and facilitating library programs and overseeing library spaces for adults and families at the Hoboken Housing Authority Buildings and other remote locations.
The Adult Programming Assistant reports to the Programming/Outreach Coordinator
- Overseeing Library Spaces at Hoboken Housing Authority Buildings (HHA)
- Work together with Program Coordinator and other staff to create and implement a regular schedule of adult and family programs and special events that respond to customer and community demand
- Run both Virtual and Live events
- Assist with research for potential program presenters and performers
- Assist set up and take down of program space and ensure that the presenter arrives and leaves on time
- Employ various strategies and methods to market programs to a broad audience
- Create marketing materials and prepare in-house publicity
- Maintain program and room booking calendar
- Speak to community groups as requested
- Engage community partners, customers and staff in the promotion of library programs
- Maintain currency of knowledge of library circulation procedures
- Additional duties as required
- Extremely reliable and punctual
- Work independently often outside the library building
- During COVID, work remotely from home on an alternating basis
- The library is now open to the public and it is necessary to be able to work on-premises with the public.
- Able to follow COVID-19 protocols for library staff, the Hoboken Housing Authority staff and patrons.
- Ability to bend, climb stairs, carry, stand, move light furniture
- Ability to walk all over Hoboken, NJ pushing light cart
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows
- Possess knowledge or be willing to learn databases, Internet, social media and Google Drive, Zoom
- Ability to learn to use state of the art audio/visual/lighting equipment
- Exhibit flexibility and a willingness to work in a dynamic, busy, and changing environment
- Work a flexible part-time schedule that includes day, night and weekend hours
- Learn and adapt to new and changing technologies
- Public speaking skills a plus
- Knowledge of video making a plus
- Knowledge of local community, civil and business groups a plus
- Spanish Language skills a plus
Pay Rate is $16.47 per hour.
Preference will be given to Hoboken residents and the selected candidate must currently reside in New Jersey. Schedule includes evening and weekend hours.
Please e-mail your resume and names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. E.D.T. on Monday, April 2, 2021.
Posted March 2, 2021 -MC
Updated March 18, 2021 -MC