There is one posting:
Information and Digital Services Librarian. FULL TIME, 35 HRS.
The publicly funded Hoboken Public Library, located in Hudson County, NJ, is part of an exciting, diverse, vibrant city of 50,000 people. The City of Hoboken and the Hoboken Public Library have a rich history that we seek to preserve and celebrate. The Hoboken Public Library seeks a Full Time Reference Librarian. Responsibilities include general reference duties and assistance with collection development, specifically the adult nonfiction collection.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Answering Reference Questions both in person and via email
- Overseeing the Information and Digital Services Staff as needed
- Conducting tours of Information and Digital Services Department for school groups
- Collection Development and Weeding of Adult Nonfiction
- Working with a team of the librarians on library information and digital resources
- Assisting with Collection Development of Media and Spanish Language Collection
- Assisting with Linking and Weeding of Periodicals
- Assisting with development of reference and digital resources
- Proctoring exams for Hoboken Residents
- Assisting patrons with computer sign in, faxing, scanning, and copying
- Assisting with computer/technology questions
Candidate must possess a MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited graduate school and have a New Jersey Professional Librarian’s Certificate. At least one evening per week and weekend hours including some Saturday and Sundays are required.
Also, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- A passion for and ability to serve people of diverse backgrounds
- Desire to work in a team-centered environment; flexibility to assist other departments as needed
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Polaris Leap a plus
- Spanish-language skills would be helpful but are not required
Salary commensurate with experience, meets NJLA minimum salary guidelines. Full benefits package. Civil Service Position. NJ Residency Required.
Please submit resume and list of three references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this position is September 23, 2019.
Posted September 3, 2019 – MC
Thank you for your interest in the Hoboken Public Library. There are currently no job postings. Please check back again for updates.