Teen Librarian, Full-Time
The Hoboken Public Library is seeking a creative, energetic, and innovative librarian with passion for library services to provide services to the growing teen population.
Leads Hoboken Public Library services to teens, including reference and readers’ advisory, collection development and maintenance, circulation and programming. Reports to Head of Youth Services Department. Schedule includes evening and weekend hours.
· Manages day-to-day operations of Young Adult Room
· Provides reference and readers’ advisory services
· Plans and conducts teen programs, coordinates all teen programming and supervises use of space
· Maintains statistics on Young Adult activities, and creates statistical reports of same, as directed
· Prepares bibliographies, flyers, bulletin boards, displays, and publicity for teen services.
· Works with local schools and community organizations to promote and coordinate services to teens.
· Supervises and trains one part-time teen librarian and one full- time library assistant.
• Assists with circulation, reference, and technical services in other departments as needed
• Supervises all library operations on occasion, as assigned, serves as a member of library management team
• Supervises Makerspace programs for teens
• Sometimes works in multiple locations including branch library and Library Corners throughout the city.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· ALA-accredited MLS and NJ Professional Librarian Certification
· At least 2 year of successful full-time employment in the Public Library, preferably in the area of teen services.
· Strong knowledge of Young Adult literature, thorough knowledge, enthusiasm and love for public library services and programs to teens
· Thorough knowledge of public library services and programs, especially teen services and YA literature
· Ability to learn equipment of HPL Creation Space
· Familiarity with modern library technologies
· Ability to interact courteously and effectively with the public, with the library’s business contacts, and with other staff
· Ability to understand and interpret library policies
· Comfortable working with teenagers
Start Date: February 24, 2020
Salary/Pay Rate: $52,819+ commensurate with experience
Apply by: February 3, 2020
Please email your resume and names of three professional references to email@example.com, or mail to:
Hoboken Public Library
500 Park Avenue
Hoboken, NJ, 07030