Library Assistant, Part Time (Marketing Department)
25 HOURS PER WEEK (Some full days, evening and weekend hours)
In-house and remote work environment.
The Library Assistant will report directly to the Marketing Manager and will be responsible for taking on a variety of tasks that allow for the successful completion of marketing activities. The assistant will track the progress of projects, assist in the development and production of marketing collateral, and assist in creating reports on results. The Assistant will often work collaboratively with the “Marketing and Social Media Community Outreach Specialist,” as well as with personnel in the Programming, Youth Services, and Reference Departments.
The successful candidate will be skilled in:
- Multi-tasking effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Written and verbal communication
- Project management, with strong attention to detail
- Problem solving and taking initiative
- Customer service
- Working as a member of a team, with staff and patrons
- Windows-environment technology, and proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and be familiar WordPress
- Using the Google suite of products
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
Additional aspects of the position:
- Must be willing to travel to other library facilities within Hoboken
- Work a flexible part-time schedule that includes day, night, and weekend hours
- Learn and adapt to new and changing technologies
- Spanish Language skills a plus
- Additional duties as required by the Marketing Manager
- Basic knowledge of library operations
Education/Experience required: High School graduate, marketing and/or administrative experience required.
Pay Rate is $16.47 per hour.
Preference will be given to Hoboken residents and the selected candidate must currently reside in New Jersey.
Deadline for Applications is Friday, April 2, 2021, at 5 pm.
Please email your resume and names of three professional references to email@example.com or mail to
Marketing and Communications Manager
Hoboken Public Library
500 Park Avenue
Hoboken, NJ, 07030
Posted March 18, 2021 -MC