Your all-in-one information resource for employment, benefits, small-business assistance, and taxes. For Businesses, Individuals, and Everyone
Last update: Tuesday, 10/13/2020
New Notices and Services
“COVID19 Information Hub” Details here (Constantly updated)
Information about the State’s programs can be found at: faq.business.nj.gov
If you need information on obtaining Health Insurance, please read this pdf:
COVID-19 Testing Sites, information:
Emergency Child care assistance program for essential workers: (Posted 4/2/2020)
- For information go to https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/unemployment-insurance
How to Apply online: https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/myunemployment/before/about/howtoapply/applyonline.shtml
Schedule for claiming/certifying NJ Unemployment Benefits:
Important information for claiming weekly benefits
Guides outlining COVID-19–related benefits for NJ employees
State of New Jersey COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal:
Hoboken Residents have access to Job Now. Live, anytime, anywhere job assistance, including up-to-date nation-wide and local job search engines, professional resume critique and proven interview techniques. Experience personalized career center seamlessly integrated with advanced virtual technology to help job seekers of diverse backgrounds and needs. You will need to enter your library card to sign in to the service. Hoboken Residents without a card can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about getting a card online. In addition to resume templates and other skill building resources, live online job coaching is available every day from 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST. Please email email@example.com for assistance with using JobNow.
Job & Career Accelerator
New Jersey State Residents have access to the Job & Career Accelerator. Create resumes and cover letters, learn interviewing techniques, and prepare for related exams. Access millions of job listings. This resource is provided to New Jersey’s libraries by the New Jersey State Library and the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
Tips for Interviewing Online: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/interviewing/video-interview-guide
Energy Assistance info from the State of NJ
Financial Assistance, from the NJ Dept. of Human Services
- Required Minimum Distribution rules for qualified plans and individual retirement accounts are suspended for 2020 to preserve asset value.
- Coronavirus-related distributions of up to $100,000 can be made with the related income tax payable over a three-year period. Additionally, the amount can be recontributed back to plan over a three-year period without affecting that year’s contribution limits
- The limits on the amount of loans that can be taken from a qualified plan for Coronavirus-related purposes is increased to the lesser of $100,000 or 100% of the individual’s accrued benefit.
For additional information:
- Coronavirus Information from the NJ Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- How Coronavirus Spreads, from the CDC
- States Reporting Cases of COVID-19 to CDC