Information and Digital Services Library Assistant. PART TIME, 25 HRS.
Hoboken Public Library (HPL) connects people with information, ideas, and opportunities to support lifelong learning, personal growth, and community development. We believe a library’s most important resource in this pursuit is a talented, quality staff and strive to achieve a more meaningful role in our patron’s daily lives through the development and support of its staff implementing new and innovative approaches to providing library service.
The Hoboken Public Library seeks a Part Time Assistant for the Information and Digital Services Department. Responsibilities include answering technology questions, assistance with finding materials in the catalog, assistance in the promotion and utilization of the library’s eResources to patrons, and assistance with maintaining the periodical collection.
Position Title: Library Assistant, Information and Digital Services
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
Scheduled hours: 25 hours per week. Daytime, evening, and weekend hours are required.
About the Position:
Reporting to the IDS Department Manager Aimee Harris, the Information and Digital Services Department combines traditional reference services with promotion and assistance in the use of modern technology. We assist both patrons and other staff members in utilizing the library’s ebook, streaming, and online reference, and digital learning resources. This position would require staffing our Information/Reference Desk at the Main Branch as well as hours at our Grand Street Branch and Learning Center if needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answering Reference Questions both in person, over the phone and via email
- Assisting with maintenance of the Periodicals
- Assisting patrons with computer sign in, faxing, scanning, and copying
- Assisting with computer/technology questions
- Assist with tawk.to online chat reference service schedule and offline questions
- Assist with the creation and facilitating of reference related programming as assigned such as Open Tech Time
Candidates with an Undergraduate Degrees would be advantageous for the position.
Professional Knowledge and Experience:
- Must feel comfortable with learning new technology and aiding others in its use
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Desire to work in a team-centered environment; flexibility to assist other departments as needed
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Power Point
- Comfortable using Zoom and other online meeting services
- Knowledge of Polaris Leap a plus
- Spanish language skills would be helpful but are not required
- Experience working in a fast-paced urban environment.
- The above job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the employee for this job.
- The Library seeks those who share our passion for serving the patrons of the Library to grow with us. We strive to support and reflect our community through our dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We strongly urge people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+, people of all ages, and people with disabilities to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume & cover letter to the attention of the Aimee Harris, Information & Digital Services Manager at email@example.com.
Please note that this position is subject to the NJ First Act, requiring public employees to establish residency in the State of New Jersey. See N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter70) for further information.
This is a Civil Service Job and you must eventually pass and qualify for the applicable Civil Service title.
Applications close: June 1st, 2023
Posted 1 May 2023 -MC