Part-Time Adult Programming Assistant,
Library Community Relations
The Hoboken Public Library believes in strengthening communities through the power of dynamic programming.
Description: The Adult Programming Assistant is primarily responsible to support the Program Coordinator in planning, marketing, conducting, and facilitating library programs and overseeing library spaces for kids, seniors, and adults at the Hoboken Housing Authority Buildings and other remote locations.
Position will work primarily at the Housing Authority and on occasion at the main library branch (500 Park Avenue)
- Working independently as Library Assistant at Library Spaces at Hoboken Housing Authority Buildings
- Working well with people of all ages is essential.
- Work together with Program Coordinator and other staff to create and implement a regular schedule of adult and family programs and special events that respond to customer and community demand
- Speak to community groups as requested
- Engage community partners, customers and staff in the promotion of library programs
- Additional duties as required
- Extremely reliable and punctual
- Work independently often outside the library building
- Ability to bend, climb stairs, carry, stand, move light furniture
- Ability to walk all over Hoboken pushing light cart
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows
- Work a flexible schedule that includes day, night and weekend hours
- Knowledge of local community, civil and business groups a plus
Pay Rate: $15.82 per hour.
Preference will be given to Hoboken residents.
Schedule includes evening and weekend hours.
Please email your resume and names of three professional references to email@example.com by Noon on Monday, Feb 10, 2020.
Location: Hoboken Public Library, 500 Park Avenue; Hoboken, NJ
Posted 1/16/2020 -MC
Revised 1/28/2020 -MC