Borrowing the latest technology just got easier, thanks to Technology Key
As a Hoboken Resident library card holder at least 18 years old, you can check out a variety of electronic devices, including Kindles, Nooks, iPad Minis, Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspots, and Chromebooks.
You can borrow some of these items — such as Chromebooks and Mobile Hotspots — right now, via our Technology Key program.
The full-range of available items includes:
- Kindle Fires, Kindle Fire HDXs, Kindle Paperwhites, Kindle Voyages, and Apple iPad Airs may be borrowed for up to four weeks and reserved a day in advance. You can see a list of titles of some of the titles for the iPads/Paperwhites and Kindle Fires.
- Wi-Fi hotspots may be borrowed for up to four weeks.
- Laptops and Battery Chargers are available to check out from the Lending Kiosk for use in the library only.
- Apple iPad Minis with foreign language and travel titles may be borrowed for up to four weeks and may be reserved a day in advance. You can see a list of some of the titles on the iPad Minis.
For full details on what you can borrow, please call 201.420.2346 x 5101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must present your library card* when you pick up the device. For full details on this program, please read our technology lending policy.
* Passes are not available to “Courtesy” or “Hudson County” cardholders.
Revised 2/16/2023 -MC