To reserve an item either owned by Hoboken or another library within our Bergen County Cooperative Library System, first search the Hoboken Library’s catalog.
1. Search for the title you want to request.
2. Select the title in the search results, and click Place Request.
Alternatively, to request a specific volume or edition of a title, click Availability, and then click on the symbol to the left of the call number of the item you would like to request.
3. Type your library card number (without spaces) or user name and password in the appropriate boxes, and click Log in.
4. Select the name of the library where you want to pick up the item in the Pickup Library box.
5. Click Submit Request.
6. A confirmation of your request should appear.
Click Log Out at the side of the page or on the My Account menu to log out of your account.
Books not available within the BCCLS catalog may be requested through Jerseycat by resident Hoboken library card holders. JerseyCat is the free statewide interlibrary loan program available through the New Jersey State Library. Currently only print materials may be requested. Access Jerseycat here.
To renew an item you’ve borrowed
If you wish to extend the due date for an item you have checked out on your account, access your account by following this link . Please note that items are renewed from the date you renew your item(s), not from the original due date. Items on reserve for another patron cannot be renewed.
You may also renew by calling the Adult Department 201-420-2346 x 5101, or Children’s Department 201-420-2346 x 5103. Please have your library card number available when renewing by phone.
Revised 3/21/2023 -MC