Notary Services are unavailable at the Library at this time.
Free notary service at the library
Notary services are available to all Hoboken residents by appointment only on a first-come, first-served basis by calling (201) 420-2346 x 5201.
To optimize your experience, please follow these guidelines:
- Bring a valid photo identification, proof of Hoboken residency, and your Hoboken Public Library card
- Three documents is the maximum number one person can have notarized during a visit
- You must provide your own witness, and the witness must personally know you and bring a valid photo identification
- Only documents in English can be notarized here, and you may not use a translator to communicate with the library notary
- Notary service is not available for deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils, depositions, and certain public documents, including birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates
- New Jersey law allows the library notary to decline notary service at his/her sole discretion, if the customer, document, or circumstances of the request raise issues of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty6/2020