Notary services are available to all Hoboken residents by appointment, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Notary services are provided at the Main Branch, 500 Park Avenue. To make an appointment, please call the Information Department at 201.420.2346 x 5201, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To optimize your experience, please follow these guidelines:
- Bring a valid photo identification and proof of Hoboken residency showing your current address
- Three documents is the maximum number one person can have notarized during a visit
- You must provide your own witness, and the witness must personally know you and bring a valid photo identification
- Only documents in English can be notarized here, and you may not use a translator to communicate with the library notary
- Notary service is not available for deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils, depositions, and certain public documents, including birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates
New Jersey law allows the library notary to decline notary service at his/her sole discretion, if the customer, document, or circumstances of the request raise issues of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty.