Scan and fax your documents
Currently for free (limit 10 at a time) the library will send outgoing faxes for the public. Larger documents may be scanned at a $1 per page. The library does not receive incoming faxes. Scanning is free.
Fax services are available on the second floor of the Hoboken Public Library by appointment only. To request a time, visit the reference desk in person, call (201) 420-2346 x 5101, or email email@example.com.
Send your fax quickly and efficiently by following our easy-to-understand policy:
- You must have a valid email to fax a document
- When you arrive at the reference desk, have the fax number ready and no more than ten (10) pages to fax
- You must stay while your documents are faxed because materials may not be left
- You are solely responsible for all content in the documents faxed. The library’s name, address, email, and telephone may not be used as an official address or contact information
- The library is not responsible for lost documents, loss of privacy, or equipment failure on the part of the library, telecommunications company, wireless services, or other fax providers
- The library and staff does not have access to the faxed documents but does know the number of pages sent