Don’t miss the Hoboken Library Festival
Saturday, October 15 | 11 am – 4 pm
Church Square Park
5th Street, between Willow and Garden
This annual community-wide event celebrates reading and everyone’s favorite season: Fall! Full of activities for all ages, this festival of literacy showcases the many services the Library provides our Mile Square City.
Come to this great event and have fun, borrow bestsellers and the latest movies, buy some gently-used books from the Friends of the Library, and see what’s new (and believe us, there is something new) at your Library.
The Main Stage
- 11 am: Children’s author Raakhee Mirchandani will read an excerpt and discuss her new book “My Diwali Light.” She will autograph copies of the book afterwards in the Local Authors tent.
- 12 pm: Cooking with Ms. Nicole. Come celebrate the Library Festival and Hispanic Heritage Month with Ms. Nicole as she does a live cooking tutorial on the Main Stage. Ms. Nicole will makes yummy Hispanic Heritage themed treats, and she’ll even be handing out some samples, so join us! Check out Nicole’s past cooking demos on YouTube here.
- 1 pm: Bryan Beninghove Organ Trio. Saxophonist Bryan Beninghove is a busy man. In addition to working as a sideman in the NYC jazz scene, Beninghove leads his own projects, plays keys in reggae bands, and is the Executive Director of the Jersey City-based non-profit Riverview Jazz, which produces over 100 shows a year including the Jersey City Jazz Festival. For this special performance, Beninghove teams up with his long-time collaborator organist Kyle Koehler to present an afternoon of grits and gravy jazz.
- 3 pm: Live Double-Dutch Performance by Jump4Jerry. Jump4Jerry is a youth mentoring organization that uses the sport of Double Dutch to help youth build confidence, strong character and realize their full potential as leaders and active members of their communities.
Book Talks & Readings Tent
Book Talks and Poetry Readings: Join us for author book talks and poetry readings. You’ll meet:
- 11 am – 12 pm: Mally Becker (Mystery) • Miriam Allenson (Romance) • McKevin Shaughnessy (Non-fiction)
- 12 pm – 1 pm: James Hockenberry (Mystery) • Patricia Carragon (Poet) • Dr. John Muciaccia (Non-fiction)
- 1 pm -2 pm: Carol Van Den Hende (Romance) • Charles Salzberg (Mystery) • Robin Rosen Chang (Poet)
- 2 pm – 3 pm: Visit the Local Author Tent to chat with all these authors as well as Patricia Keeler (Children’s) and Dawn Barclay (D.M. Barr) (Mystery)
- 3 pm – 4 pm Maiya Katherine (Non-fiction), Stacey Wilk (Romance), and Erica Obey (Mystery)
- Children’s author/illustrator Patricia Keeler will draw pictures of animals for children upon request.
- Children’s author Raakhee Mirchandani will read an excerpt and discuss her new book My Diwali Light on the Main Stage at 11 am and will sell and sign copies of the book in the Local Authors tent afterwards.
Local Authors Tent
Meet the authors who write and live nearby. Some will have books your can purchase — and have autographed.
- 2 pm – 3 pm: Mic-Club Open-Mic Concert featuring Behique
Arts & Crafts Tent
For all ages, the Arts & Crafts tent offers the best of all the crafty activities our programming teams offered this year.
Our Friends have an extraordinarily wide and varied selection of gently used books and other materials sure to enchant and engage.
Kids are going to love all the fun things our Children’s Librarians are presenting. From Story Times and kid-safe crafts, to activities sure to entertain and educate, this tent is a must for all children.
Full of activities to engage even the most active young adult, the Teen Tent is an all-day series of fun.
Meet our partners…
A wealth of community organizations will be on hand to explain all the services they have to offer. Please make it a point to visit them!
- Community Lifestyle
- Friends of Church Square Park
- Hoboken Fire Department
- Hoboken Historical Museum
- Hoboken Housing Authority
- Hoboken Public Schools
- Hoboken Rainbow Family
- Hudson Pride Center
- Hudson SPEAKS
- Maker Bar
- Mile Square Theater
The Green Fair
And don’t forget to visit the Green Fair on the south side of the Park. The Green Fair and the Library Festival, all in one park on one Saturday. This is truly a celebration of community.
Updated 10/10/2022 -MC