Hoboken Library Patrons have some of our Salem Press print books online including:
Milestone Documents in American History
Milestone Documents in African American History
Great Lives from History: The 19th Century
Inventors and Inventions
Great Events from History: The 19th Century
The 20th Century: 1941-1970
The 20th Century: 1971-2000 at http://history.salempress.comAmerica’s News
State and national news, veterans information, politics and more from a variety of news media including newspapers, blogs, periodicals, videos and web-only content including the Hudson Reporter Publications, Jersey Journal, Star-Ledger and USA Today.
Historic Photograph Collection
The library has a collection of over 1,000 black and white historical photos. The library, in conjunction with the New Jersey Digital Highway Project, now offers many of the historical photographs online.
Go to NJDigitalHighway and choose the Hoboken Historical Photographs under collections in the advance search to see our photographs. The library also has print black and white photographs taken by Caroline Carlson between 1970 and 1975 collected in a binder, as well as recent color photographs taken by Jerry Dougherty.
Britannica Library provides three levels (children, teens, and the reference center) to research, complete school assignments, work on special projects, or explore unique interests.
• 3 comprehensive encyclopedias including the Encyclopædia Britannica
• Thousands of magazine and journal articles
• Merriam-Webster Dictionary in English/Spanish, plus audio pronunciations
• 90,000 images, videos, and audio clips
• Subject Browse and Biography Browse
• 129,000 of the Web’s Best Sites related to search topics
• World Atlas and Compare Countries
• How-To documents for book reviews, presentations, research papers, and science reports
• Read-Aloud feature ideal for struggling readers and ELLs
Inside the Library Click here to access without a card for
Children…… Young Adults …..Reference Center